Effectiveness and efficiency
What’s the issue?
Businesses can benefit from objective, external, expert and independent advice to help them understand the effectiveness of internal processes, develop capacity growth plans, improve efficiency and effectiveness to support their strategic agenda.
What we do
Our work in Operations typically covers one or more of the following:
Labour Productivity: In partnership with our expert associates we:
- Complete detailed work study measurement using specialist retail analysts and tools
- Identify inefficient processes and unproductive working practices
- Develop tools and techniques to support improved Budgeting and Forecasting, Rotas and Schedules
- Review organisation structures and management effectiveness
- Coach your internal teams to improve capability
Continuous Improvement: A programme that delivers improved business performance by:
- Equipping all employees with a common framework, set of tools and language
- Fostering a culture of engagement/ways of working to harness everybody’s views and ideas
- We provide expert resource to benchmark current performance and apply best practice
- We work with client teams to improve processes and ways of working to deliver improved business performance
- With our extensive operational experience we develop pragmatic solutions that can be implemented and are sustainable.
Past projects include:
- Labour standards reviews for a leading discount fashion and homewares retailer across 2 brands in four countries
- Product availability improvement programme for an online sports retailer
- Review of distribution operations and capacity planning for a Russian DIY retailer
- Process improvement project for a B2B supplier
- Dual language Continuous Improvement training programme for a mining company in Africa