THE TEAM & OUR ASSOCIATES
We are consultants who have held senior roles at leading retailers and manufacturers, and we have also run our own businesses:
We have a full-time team of four supported by an expert network of Associates
Neil founded mdj2 in 2005 and has delivered change programmes for retailers and other sectors in the UK and internationally. Prior to this, he held director level positions at Kingfisher, B&Q and Caradon. His expertise covers Strategy, Commercial, Organisation Design, Programme and Change Management. He has a BA (Hons) from Oxford and an MBA from INSEAD, and is fluent in French with good German and Spanish.
Andy joined mdj2 in 2011. He has over 20 years experience in the Home Improvement, Garden and General Merchandise sectors having held senior roles at B&Q and Woolworths and spent 5 years completing a business turnaround of his own Garden Centre before joining us. His expertise covers Business Development, Proposition and Format Development and
Steve joined mdj2 in 2009 following over 30 years in senior roles at B&Q and Woolworths. His expertise covers Operations, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Commercial, Systems, Programme and Change Management. He has led change programmes in the UK and internationally in the retail sector. He has an MBA in Retailing and Wholesaling and is a PRINCE2 practitioner.
Clive joined mdj2 in 2016 following over 25 years in retail and supply to retail. He has held senior commercial roles at Dixons, B&Q and Superdrug. He was also the UK Managing Director for a major Chinese manufacturer. His expertise covers Commercial, Negotiation, Purchasing, Revenue Optimisation, Business Development and he has a key insight into doing business with China and the rest of Asia.
OUR ASSOCIATE NETWORK
Because we believe in creating the ideal team based on the right mix of specialist skills we have an extensive network of Associates, who have vast practical experience in senior line roles and a great reputation in the industry.
Example profiles of our Associates and where they have made their knowledge and experience count:
- Loyalty Card Commercial Director: CRM and Loyalty strategic review and new plan
- Logistics Director: Review of Supply Chain operations
- Head of E Commerce: Organisation re-design of E Commerce team
- Retail Operations Director: Expert input into new format development
- Workforce Management Expert: Multiple reviews for Fashion and Homewares retailer
- Senior Supply Analyst: Best practice merchandising processes
- Programme Managers: Delivery of new format development projects
- USA Retail Market Expert: Benchmarking input into new store format assessment
- Programme Office Manager to deliver Transformation Programme
- Retail Commercial Process expert: design of new range change process and delivery of training for Buying team
- Process Improvement expert: worked as a subject matter expert on the operational improvement aspects of a Product and Proposition review
- Merchandising Analyst: Data Analyst on Format Development project
- Learning & Development expert: design and development of modules for Commercial Capability training programme
- Retail Marketing Manager: design and development of Marketing module for Commercial Capability training programme