Support Office and functional reviews
What’s the issue?
Organisations are addressing one of two objectives or, more often, a combination of both:
- Efficiency i.e. cost reduction: how can we do more with less resource, often freeing up resource from BAU activities to invest in growth activities?
- Effectiveness: how can we work more effectively by organising ourselves differently, often addressing unclear accountabilities as well as structures?
What we do
- Highly flexible process tailored to each client’s specific needs. Key elements are:
- Review and recommendations phase : analysis of costs and structures, internal & external benchmarking, stakeholder interviews
- Depending on recommendations, a redesign phase, based on an agreed set of design principles
- If needed we help with implementation of the new structure, processes and ways of working especially with programme and change management activities
Past projects include:
- Merger of 2 teams to create new Digital team for a leading Omni-Channel retailer
- Review and recommendations for 10% reduction in Support Office people costs for a leading UK Leisure business
- Redesign of Merchandising/Supply team on category rather than channel lines and delivering 10% savings for a leading Omni-Channel retailer
- Development of Country Blueprint covering 20 countries in Central and Eastern Europe for a leading Multi-Channel retailer
- Review and recommendations for 15%+ reduction in Support Office people costs for a leading Omni-Channel retailer